- Spread or crumble goat cheese (12 oz or so) on the bottom of a serving dish
- Top with drained chopped sun dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup or cup of pitted, chopped or not, kalamata olives
- Sprinkle on top:
- two cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, (I try to crumble it a bit or finely chop it so that it's not so tough)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- drizzle a cup, yes a cup, of olive oil over the
whole thing and refrigerate over night or for a few hours.
I have tried avoiding the oil completely, it doesn't work. The oil melds the flavors. I generally drizzle until I can't stand it any more, about 1/2 a cup. Also, sometimes I make it an hour or so before I serve it and I just keep it at room temp, the longer it sits the deeper the flavors become.