Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Mandy's Goat Cheese Rosemary Dip

  • Spread or crumble  goat cheese (12 oz or so) on the bottom of a serving dish
  • Top with drained chopped sun dried tomatoes, 1/2 cup or cup of pitted, chopped or not, kalamata olives
  • Sprinkle on top: 
  • two cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 teaspoon rosemary, (I try to crumble it a bit or finely chop it so that it's not so tough)
  • 1 teaspoon thyme
  • 1 teaspoon basil
  • drizzle a cup, yes a cup, of olive oil over the whole thing and refrigerate over night or for a few hours. 

    I have tried avoiding the oil completely, it doesn't work. The oil melds the flavors.  I generally drizzle until I can't stand it any more, about 1/2 a cup.  Also, sometimes I make it an hour or so before I serve it and I just keep it at room temp, the longer it sits the deeper the flavors become. 

No comments:

Post a Comment