Saturday, November 20, 2010

Strawberry Salad

This is my mom's recipe which she handed to me on a pink sticky note years ago, which I still have.  The recipe AND the sticky note.  :)  As a kid, I did not like this recipe.  Don't know why.  Just didn't.  I think it was the thought of cottage cheese, which I despised.  However as an adult, I really enjoy this simple summer concoction and wonder why I never ate it, nor would I try it, as a kid.

24oz.  cottage cheese
1 small strawberry jello packet
8 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
1 pint strawberries, chopped
8 oz. coolwhip

Mix all ingredients, place in your favorite clear serving dish (because it is so pretty).  Refrigerate overnight.

This is the perfect summer "salad" to bring to a brunch, baby/bridal shower or outdoor holiday.  It is usually a HUGE hit with the kids.....just not me when I was a kid.  Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment