Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Let the countdown begin...

We are up.  We are ready.  Oven on.  Aprons on.  Food to cook!

Today we are making the following.  I will post recipes later of all things not already on here.

  • Deviled Eggs - I have a secret ingredient even kids love
  • Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake with chocolate crust - Xander's first attempt at making a cheesecake.  I am excited!
  • Corn Casserole - it is not Thanksgiving without this on the table!
  • Homemade Whipped Cream - this year Christian gets involved and takes over this responsibility!  Makes my heart go pitter patter.  I remember when Xander was his age and it was his job.  Traditions are the best and my family is full of traditionalists!

A funny.... on Monday when I was deciding what pies to make.  I thought I would try a "new" pumpkin pie recipe I had seen somewhere and was telling Mac and Moose about it.  Before I could finish explaining it, the Moose looked at me and said, "mom, can you just make the 'traditional' pumpkin pie?".  I asked him why and he said that it was because it was his favorite and if I wanted to, I could make BOTH pies but he needed the traditional one, lololol.  I had to laugh.  He's only 6 and he's a boy who knows what he wants!

So into the kitchen I go.  I'll be back later to post the recipes and if all goes well, photos too!

1 comment:

  1. WIWT...sounds good. We are going to a friend's house today and I am trying PW's green beans. Saturday is our big turkey day. WYWH then!!! Come on down...

    ReplyDelete