Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Bourbon Margarita Slushies

This recipe comes straight out of the current Dec 2010 Southern Living magazine.  There are several "slushies" to choose from, this one however happens to be my favorite.  Mine is in the freezer getting all slushie but not before I filled a glass with crushed ice and had a little sample.  I had to do a quality control check.  At least that's what I am telling myself!  Enjoy....I know you will!

This recipe is great even for those of us who don't particularly care for bourbon.  Bad incident when I was 16 that I never recovered from..... 

1 liter bottle club soda
1 12-oz can frozen limeade concentrate, thawed
1 1/2 cups water
1 cup tequila
1 cup bourbon
3/4 Grand Marnier

Mix all ingredients in a LARGE bowl (makes about 9 cups).  Divide between 2 gallon size ziploc freezer bags, seal bags.  Freeze 24 hours or up to 1 week (it won't last that long in my house, lol).  

Serve in salt rimmed glasses with lime slices.

YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment